The Cesar E. Chavez Legacy & Educational Foundation, which is 100% volunteer led pursues the mission of preserving the life and legacy of Cesar E. Chavez which is achieved through educational outreach efforts and events. Sharing the principles and teachings of Cesar E. Chavez, especially for the youth in our community is at the core of our mission. Our community outreach programs/events include:
- The Annual Cesar E. Chavez March for Justice, Co-Sponsored with The City of San Antonio.
- Yes We CAN Campaign. An annual food drive event which benefits The San Antonio Food Bank.
- The Annual Cesar E. Chavez March for Justice Grand Marshal Breakfast. The event is fundraiser held the day before the march.
- CECLEF Fund Stride for Scholarships 5k Run & Kids Bridge Run. This pre-march event is held the morning of the Annual Cesar Chavez March for Justice.
- The CECLEF Scholarship Fund, a scholarship program that awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors. To date, over $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded to area San Antonio youth.
- The Annual Jaime P. Martinez Thanksgiving in the Barrio Event. Turkey and Trimmings are provided to families during the week of Thanksgiving.
- Cesar Chavez Book Reading Program in The San Antonio I.S.D. The book Cesar Chavez, Harvest of Hope is ready to elementary students.
Annual March for Justice and 5k Stride for Scholarships Run
For 23 years The Cesar Chavez March for Justice has been a day our San Antonio community to unite, celebrate, and remember a great humanitarian. Equally important, it is a day to never forget the Si Se Puede Spirit Cesar Chavez encouraged us to embrace so that we can overcome the injustices and inequalities our community faces.
Annual Jaime P. Martinez Thanksgiving in the Barrio
This CECLEF tradition, started by the late Jaime P. Martinez began with a distribution of ten turkeys. This growing event is an opportunity to give back to families during the holidays. Families are provided food items to take home and prepare a traditional Thanksgiving Day meal for the family.